Sunday, October 31, 2004

Why a blog? Why now?

This semester I'm teaching two full courses, which typically involves giving five presentations each week. I'm chronically behind on my sleep and chronically behind on work of all kinds. Given this situation, why am I starting a blog?

That's a great question. On one hand, the answer is that I'm doing it because I can. I came across blogger.com and a few screens later, voilĂ , I had a blog. It's free, the tools make it easy, and I can "publish" it on my own page, SteveMount.com. On the other hand (and more importantly), I hope that this blog will be an outlet for efficient expression of what I care about most. Having a convenient way to express my views may help me to recover the passions that lead me to work so hard in the first place.

We'll see.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve, keep it up. Although sometimes you go into more detail than I can deal with, I like what you have to say.

peter

19/6/05 19:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home